On 27 March 2018 the Senate established the Select Committee on Stillbirth Research and Education, to inquire and report by the second sitting Thursday of 2019.
The committee's terms of reference are as follows:
The future of stillbirth research and education in Australia, with particular reference to:
- consistency and timeliness of data available to researchers across states, territories and federal jurisdictions;
- coordination between Australian and international researchers;
- partnerships with the corporate sector, including use of innovative new technology;
- sustainability and propriety of current research funding into stillbirth, and future funding options, including government, philanthropic and corporate support;
- research and education priorities and coordination, including the role that innovation and the private sector can play in stillbirth research and education;
- communication of stillbirth research for Australian families, including culturally and linguistically appropriate advice for Indigenous and multicultural families, before and during a pregnancy;
- quantifying the impact of stillbirths on the Australian economy; and
- any related matters.
Information about the committee is available at: www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Stillbirth_Research_and_Education.
Submissions are due by 29 June 2018.
For further information please contact Rachel Milte (AHES Secretary) via email.